Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. You should make it a good one! This Crock Pot Potato Breakfast Gratin Recipe is perfect for a large breakfast or a brunch. To be honest I have used it for a dinner side dish and it turns out amazing every time!
Crock Pot Potato Breakfast Gratin
- 2 pounds small red potatoes sliced 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick on a mandoline
- 1 large red bell pepper finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley or basil to garnish
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray. Spread half of the potatoes in the bottom of the greased crock pot.
- Mix together the bell pepper, garlic, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Spread this mix over the potatoes.
- Whisk together the eggs, then whisk in the milk, yogurt, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with the salt and a generous quantity of black pepper. Pour about half of this egg mixture over the potatoes.
- Lay the rest of the potatoes on top in neat overlapping rows. Pour the rest of the egg mixture over the potatoes, and top with the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook 2-3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low. Depending on the crock pot.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley or basil. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.