This post may contain affiliate links.
Ok, I am not a squash person. I have tried for the sake of the kids to put on a brave face and eat it, but it just isn’t my thing. However, these Cran-Orange Acorn Squash are just too cute not to go on my thanksgiving table!
Cran-Orange Acorn SquashPrint Pin Rate
- 3 small acorn or carnival squash
- 5 tablespoons instant brown rice
- 3 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons diced celery
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Pinch ground or dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon butter cut into bits
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Slice off tops of squash and enough of bottoms so squash will sit upright. Scoop out seeds and discard; set squash aside.
- Combine rice, onion, celery, cranberries and sage in small bowl. Stuff each squash with rice mixture; dot with butter. Pour 1 tablespoon orange juice into each squash over stuffing. Stand squash in slow cooker. Pour water into bottom of slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW 2-1/2 hours or until squash are tender.