I love a good hearty meal when it is cold outside, but I don’t always want to spend all afternoon in the kitchen. This is the perfect meal for that!
Slow-Cooked Shepherd's Pie
Yield 6 -8
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 package 12 oz chopped onions
- 2 tsps minced garlic
- 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (16 oz) frozen peas & carrots
- 3 TBSP Quick Cooking Tapioca
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black peper
- 2 packages (24oz) prepared mashed potatoes...or make your own
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium high heat, until cooked through.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Back in the skillet cook the onions and garlic until onions begin to soften and add those to the slow cooker.
- Stir in tomatoes, veggies, tapioca, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours
- Top with prepared mashed potatoes. Cover and cook on low until potatoes are heated through about 30 minutes