If I am out running errands, I love to swing into Sam's Club and snag a $5 rotisserie chicken. They have the BEST ones around! We will eat it for lunch or dinner and then we have this picked over Rotisserie chicken left. DON'T throw it away! They make the best soup! Check out just how simple it is to make Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken Soup!
There isn't a wrong way to do this, I promise you! Put your Rotisserie chicken leftovers in the crockpot, bones and all and cover them with water. Some people like to use chicken stock, but using the entire chicken will make your stock while it cooks. Now toss in any veggies and seasonings you want to use. I did frozen vegetables this time because I need to go to Aldi and snag some produce. Cover and cook on high for about 6 hours. I just set the timer on my crockpot for this one. You can let it go longer, and it won't hurt a thing.
Once the soup is finished cooking remove the bones and any skin that has cooked into your soup. This step will leave just the broth, meat, and veggies behind. Add salt or pepper to taste and then finally you can add in any rice or noodles you would like or just leave it as is. This time I added in some gluten free noodles by just dropping the dry noodles right into the soup about 20 minutes before serving. I let them cook right in the broth in the crockpot, and it turned out perfectly!
Talk about getting your monies worth when a $5 rotisserie chicken makes a great dinner one night and soup the next! You can mix this one up and change the veggies, the seasonings, and the mix-ins to suit your families tastes. Like I said, you really can't mess this Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken Soup up! I love how simple it is and delicious on a chilly day!
Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken Soup
- 1 Leftover Rotisserie Chicken bones and all
- 1 quart of water or enough to cover chicken
- 1 cup diced veggies of your choice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 cup dried macaroni if desired
- In a large 6 quart crockpot place leftover rotisserie chicken (bones and all). Cover with water and add seasonings and veggies.
- Place lid on crockpot and let it cook on high for at least 6 hours. Can cook longer if desired.
- Once soup has cooked remove bones and any skin that is in the soup.
- Stir in uncooked pasta 20 minutes before serving to allow it to cook in the broth. You can also stir in rice if desired or just leave without noodles or rice.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free noodle or rice