Cheesy Spinach Mashed Potatoes
Spinach, Cheese, Mashed Potatoes….how can you go wrong? LOL
Cheesy Spinach Mashed Potatoes (Slow Cooked)Print Recipe
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 6 potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth or veggie broth
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- In a large crockpot place potatoes and cover them with 1/2 cup of broth, spinach (undrained), butter, onion, dill, and salt.
- Cook on low for 6 - 7 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl or right in the crockpot.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish. Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Place under broiler until cheese is bubbly about 5 minutes
*Gluten Free* please read labels to make sure your broth is gluten free.
Servings: 6 -8
This looks really good! I have a question – in the ingredients you say frozen spinach and then in the directions you say undrained – are we to thaw the spinach or throw it in frozen? Thanks.
I was wondering the same thing about the spinach. Does it go in the crockpot frozen or thawed. Recipe sounds amazing.
Nope it goes in frozen. 😉