Oh my this one is so good! I found it at Taste of Home ( I love their magazine). This is perfect for the cool weather we are supposed to have later this week! I am so excited because this is one of those dump and go meals. LOVE IT!
Slow Cooked Autumn Sausage Casserole
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 large or 2 small apples, chopped
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- 3 cups already cooked long-grain rice
- ½ cup raisins or craisins
- 1 T dried parsley flakes
- 1 T brown sugar
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅓ cup chicken broth or water
- This recipe is great for a 4-5 qt crock pot.
- Cook sausage in skillet on medium heat until browned
- Then dump the sausage and other ingredients into crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or on high for 3-4.