Oh my this one is so good! I found it at Taste of Home ( I love their magazine). This is perfect for the cool weather we are supposed to have later this week! I am so excited because this is one of those dump and go meals. LOVE IT!
Slow Cooked Autumn Sausage Casserole
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 large or 2 small apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cups already cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins
- 1 tbsps dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsps brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- This recipe is great for a 4-5 qt crock pot.
- Cook sausage in skillet on medium heat until browned
- Then dump the sausage and other ingredients into crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or on high for 3-4.