Oh my this one is so good! I found it at Taste of Home ( I love their magazine). This is perfect for the cool weather we are supposed to have later this week! I am so excited because this is one of those dump and go meals. LOVE IT!
Slow Cooked Autumn Sausage Casserole
All you fall favorite flavors dumped into the crockpot for an amazing meal!
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 large, or 2 small apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cups already cooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 cup raisins or craisins
- 1 T dried parsley flakes
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- This recipe is great for a 4-5 qt crock pot.
- Cook sausage in skillet on medium heat until browned
- Then dump the sausage and other ingredients into crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours, or on high for 3-4.