This post may contain affiliate links.
Comfort food and kid friendly recipes are always in high demand. This recipe is not only easy but delicious. Taking the time to set up the crockpot with homemade chili makes all the difference in the world in this super comforting dish!
If you need this recipe to be gluten free please double check your canned goods and seasonings for hidden gluten.
Frito Pie (Crock Pot Style)
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced (optional)
- 1 can 12 To 14 Ounce Tomato Sauce
- 1 can 10 Ounce Ro-tel (diced Tomatoes And Chilies)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder more To Taste
- 1 can 14-ounce Kidney Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 can 14-ounce Pinto Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1/4 cup Masa corn Flour Or Regular Corn Meal
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- Bag Of Fritos
- Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Onion optional
- Brown ground chuck with garlic in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add to 5 qt crockpot or larger with tomato sauce, Rotel, salt, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and drained and rinsed beans
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4.
- minutes before serving stir and if it needs thickened Mix masa with water, then add to the chili. Stir to combine and simmer for a final 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole with a single layer of Fritos.
- Top with chili from crockpot. Sprinkle with diced onion (optional), then cheddar. Arrange additional Fritos around the edge of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Gluten Free- This is gluten free however please check the labels on your beans and seasonings. They can be sneaky!