Kid-friendly, mom approved. You have to try this yummy Crockpot Frito Pie Recipe for dinner tonight! Pull out your slow cooker for this classic meal.
Comfort food and kid-friendly recipes are always in high demand. This recipe is not only easy but delicious. Taking the time to set up the crockpot with homemade chili makes all the difference in the world in this super comforting and tasty Crockpot Frito Pie!
This is one Crockpot meal your kids won’t turn their noses up at! They will love the gooey cheese and the crunchy Frito goodness!
My family also loves enjoying this for game day! It is perfect for cheering on your favorite team!
If you need this recipe to be gluten free please double check your canned goods and seasonings for hidden gluten.
I recommend at least a 5-quart crockpot for this recipe. Check out my favorite crockpot! (You can find it here).
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 3 cloves Garlic (Minced (optional))
- 12-14 oz Tomato Sauce
- 10 oz Ro-Tel (can)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder (more To Taste)
- 14 0z Kidney Beans (Drained)
- 14 oz Pinto Beans (Drained)
- 1/4 cup corn Flour (Or Regular Corn Meal)
- 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 1 bag fritos
- Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Diced Onion (optional)
- Brown ground chuck with garlic in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add to 5 qt crockpot or larger with tomato sauce, Rotel, salt, oregano, cumin, chili powder, and drained and rinsed beans
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4.
- minutes before serving stir and if it needs thickened Mix masa with water, then add to the chili. Stir to combine and simmer for a final 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350. Cover the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole with a single layer of Fritos.
- Top with chili from crockpot. Sprinkle with diced onion (optional), then cheddar. Arrange additional Fritos around the edge of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Amanda is a busy mom of 3 running her own business, homeschooling, and managing a household. She creates yummy crockpot recipes to help her spend less time in the kitchen and more time doing what she loves.