My crockpot has a spot on my kitchen counter where it stays. I try to use it at least 5 times a week, sometimes more. I am a busy mom, and my time is important to me and my family. Since I use my crockpot so much I like to have variety. This Crockpot Chicken & Mushrooms brings exactly that to the table!
This simple and flavorful meal is great because you can serve this Crockpot Chicken & Mushrooms over noodles, rice, potatoes, or even with a salad. This recipe is gluten free and dairy free making it perfect for diets like Whole 30 and 21 day Fix!
Crockpot Chicken & Mushrooms
- 1½ lbs Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a medium skillet, add oil and chicken. Cook on medium-high heat and sear until brown, flip, and brown the other side. Place in slow cooker.
- In the same pan, add onion and saute until tender. Add to slow cooker.
- Place the mushrooms, garlic, and parsley in an even layer over the chicken and onions in the slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth and sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, and add cornstarch to the juices and mushrooms. Whisk until smooth. Return chicken to slow cooker and cook until the gravy is thick about 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta!