If you have ever walked through the mall food court or into a bakery you know the distinct smell of Cinnamon Rolls. They are intoxicating and lure you in, because “Just one won’t hurt.” What if I told you, that you could have that Cinnamon Roll taste for breakfast without the guilt? You can with this Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal.
This is super easy to make too! I used my smaller 4 quart crockpot and in went oats, eggs, sugar,cinnamon, milk, and a couple tbsp of baking mix. I used gluten free ingredients for the oats and baking mix but you can use regular too. I literally just mixed it all up in the crockpot so I wouldn’t have as many dirty dishes. Crank that crockpot on high for 2 hours, or low for 4 hours.
This oatmeal has a side effect. The aroma of the cinnamon will go traveling through your house and wake people up. It’s a serious thing. 😉
When it is done, ….well, it looks like oatmeal. Nothing really remarkable yet. Let me tell you what. The taste of this “unremarkable oatmeal” will floor you.
This is the kicker. Scoop your oatmeal into a bowl and drizzle it with a little bit of glaze (recipe below). It doesn’t take much to give it that cinnamon roll feel.
Sprinkle it with some cinnamon (not too much) or cinnamon sugar and grab a spoon. I can’t believe how much this actually tastes like a cinnamon roll. My son, who hates oatmeal, licked his bowl clean. We are talking, there is no evidence oatmeal ever existed in it. LOL
Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
- 2 Cups Oats
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 Cups Milk (regular, almond, coconut, your choice)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp Baking Mix (Gluten free or regular) or All purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a 4 quart crockpot mix all of your ingredients. Set crockpot on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours. Cover and cook.
- When done remove lid and scoop oatmeal into bowls drizzle with glaze and serve.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and 1 tbsp of milk. Add more or less milk to get desired glaze consistency.
- Use Certified Gluten Free oats and gluten free baking mix
- Use dairy free milk of your choice
You have to give this one a try!