Summer is here and my garden is growing! I have a ton of squash and zucchini, and the perfect crock pot recipe to use them in. This makes the perfect summer side dish or turn it into a meal!
- 4.5 cups sliced yellow summer squash (about 3 medium)
- 4.5 cups sliced Zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 cups French bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10¾ oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- Chopped green onion, if desired
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large microwavable bowl, microwave squash & zucchini, onion and 1 tablespoon butter uncovered on High 10 minutes or until squash, zucchini, and onion are tender. Drain well.
- In slow cooker, mix squash mixture, 1 cup of the bread crumbs, ½ cup of the cheese, the sour cream, garlic salt, pepper and soup. In small bowl, mix remaining 1 cup bread crumbs, remaining ½ cup cheese and the melted butter. Sprinkle crumb mixture over squash.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 hours. Uncover; remove insert from slow cooker. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with chopped green onion.
Need more great Zucchini Recipes?
Check out these Cheesy Zucchini Cakes from A Few Short Cuts
And these Zucchini Pizza Bites
Follow us on Pinterest for more great recipes & ideas!