Crock Pot Mexican Corn Bread
- 2 boxes corn muffin mix, (8 oz each)
- 1 can creamed corn, (15 ounce)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can chopped green chiles, (4 ounces) undrained
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chunky salsa
- In a medium bowl, combine creamed corn, eggs, sour cream, chiles, and margarine.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Add corn muffin mix, stirring well to combine.
- Generously grease a 3½-quart slow cooker/Crock Pot with margarine or butter.
- Pour batter into the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Spoon salsa over the top and cut into the batter.
- Cover and cook on high for about 2½ hours.
- Turn heat off and let cool with lid ajar, for about 15 minutes.
- Loosen sides with a knife and invert onto a large plate. If a little of the top sticks to the bottom of the pot, dollop a little salsa on the top, or decorate with sour cream and chopped green onion. Delicious side dish!