This Lemon Poppy Seed Bread makes the perfect summer treat. You don’t have to heat the kitchen to enjoy this fresh baked bread. YUM!
Crock Pot Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
Author: Amanda Carlisle
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup plain Greek-style yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Coat a 4- to 5-quart oval slow cooker or a 4-quart round slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, eggs, oil, yogurt, milk, lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla until sugar dissolves. A
- dd sugar mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until combined (mixture should still be slightly lumpy). Spoon batter into prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1½ to 2 hours or until top appears set. Turn off slow cooker. Carefully remove lid so condensation from lid does not drip onto bread. Cover opening of slow cooker completely with paper towels; place lid on top. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Run a knife around edges of slow cooker; remove bread from cooker. Cool completely on a wire rack.