Crockpot Pineapple Chicken
I originally posted this on my other blog, A Few Short Cuts, before Moms With Crock Pots even existed. This has been so popular I thought I would share it here too! This is so easy to throw together and makes a great meal any night of the week!
Crockpot Pineapple ChickenPrint Recipe
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts about 2 lbs
- 1 can of pineapple in juice tidbits, chucks, rings, it doesn't matter
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- dash of salt and pepper to taste
- Chop onion and place in crock pot. Place Chicken Breasts on top of onion.
- Dump the can of pineapple (juice and all) over the chicken.
- In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, honey, ginger, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH in the crockpot for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8
- Serve over rice and with a steamed veggie.Gluten Free
- Use a gluten free soy sauce like this Tamari Sauce
Cut up onion and place it in the bottom of the crockpot.
Place chicken on top of the onions.
Then dump the pineapple (juice and all) on top of the chicken.
Then add the soy sauce, honey, ginger and the chicken broth.
Put the lid on and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
There will be plenty of sauce in the crockpot to serve with the chicken!
Serve over rice, and with veggies.
Here is an idea!
Cut up chicken after cooked. Mix with steamed stir fry veggies. Place both over rice, and top with sauce from the crockpot. Makes your own homemade rice bowls that are so yummy, and fewer calories than the store-bought ones!
This was delicious and super easy! The kids and hubby were loving the smell coming from the crockpot all day, and we ended up having it with the in-laws (who were impressed as well!)
I’m trying this tonight! It looks delicious. Thanks for the great (and super easy!) recipes. 🙂
For UK users used a Knorr Stock pot made up with 1/2 pint of water in place of the chicken broth.
Also added some red pepper
Super easy and really tasty
This looks really great…my husband and I are trying it tomorrow night…thanks for sharing!!!
It was easy to make. I really enjoyed it.
Fantastic! Family friend made something like this years ago and I never got the recipe before she moved 🙁
Cooked this tonight – loved it! Whole family was loving the smell and definitely impressed. Will certainly make this again 🙂
Super easy and oh so good…we had egg rolls on the side…everyone was satisfied.
Do you think frozen chicken breasts would work with this recipe? Or should they be defrosted first?
You can use frozen. 🙂