Football season is in full swing and I am always looking for something to feed my hubby during the games. The Chicken Wing recipe is a winner at my house!
- 3 pounds chicken wings (16 wings)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ cups any variety barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard or spicy mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco to taste, optional
- Rinse chicken wings; pat dry.
- Cut off and discard wing tips then cut each wing at the joint to make two sections. Sprinkle wing pieces with salt and pepper; place wings on an lightly oiled broiler pan.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 10 minutes on each side, or until chicken wings are nicely browned. Transfer chicken wings to crockpot.
- In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, honey, spicy mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco. Pour sauce over chicken wings.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or on High 2 to 2½ hours.
- Serve directly from slow cooker, keeping temperature on LOW. Makes about 30 chicken wings.