Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccini Alfredo
Recipe type: dinner
- 1 1⁄2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cremini mushrooms, cut into thirds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 package (1 pound) fettuccine
- Spray inside of 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken in single layer in bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with mushrooms. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and garlic powder over mushrooms.
- Stir together cream cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese and milk in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk constantly until smooth and heated through. Pour over mushrooms, pushing down any that float to surface.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH 2 to 2 1⁄2 hours.
- Serve with cooked noodles
Adjust the recipe- Add some spinach for some added vitamins You can also cut the calories by using low fat cream cheese and 2% instead of whole milk. *Gluten Free* just use gluten free pasta