Crock Pot Pizza Casserole

Here is a great casserole made in the crockpot. This will have them coming back for more! :)

4.0 from 1 reviews
Crock Pot Pizza Casserole

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Serves: 6-8
Ingredients
  • 1 pound of ground Italian sausage, browned and drained
  • ½ pound of ground beef, browned and drained
  • ½ large white onion, chopped
  • 8 ounce box of short pasta (rigatoni, penne or ziti), cooked... but undercooked slightly
  • (3) 14 ounce jars of pizza sauce
  • 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 8 ounce package of sliced pepperoni, placed between paper towels and microwaved for a few seconds to remove all the grease
  • 16 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl mix everything together except for the mozzarella cheese
  2. Spray the inside of a 4 - 6 quart Crock-Pot with non-stick spray
  3. Layer the mixture alternately with the shredded mozzarella cheese (three layers, ending with the cheese on top)
  4. Cover and cook on LOW for 3½ - 4 hours. If cooked for longer than 4 hours or on high it may burn (THREE hours worked perfectly for me)
  5. Serve with a side salad

img source

Join Now

Crockpot recipes delivered to your inbox.

Privacy 100% Guaranteeed

Comments

1. Karen says

I’m making this for dinner tonight and just have 2 quick questions. How much pasta is there in the box you use? I have a 900g bag, and think it’s probably too much. Also, do you put the pepperoni in at the same time as everything else? Thank you! Can’t wait to try this…

2. says

Hi Amanda! I saw this post on Pinterest and came right over : ) This looks fabulous… so much so that I’ve scheduled a ‘re-post’ on my blog for Tuesday. I’ve included a link here to give you credit. I hope you don’t mind.

Thanks so much!

3. cathy says

I tried the crockpot pizza casserole, I followed the directions and I cooked it for 8 hours like it said and it was burnt around the edges and awful dry, I think it needs more liquid and less cook time, did anyone else have this problem?

4. Christina says

ok i have a question how much water exactly do u add?? In the ingred. it says 1/2 cup and in the instructions it says a 1/4 of a cup…which is it??

5. Kristin says

Well, I wrote down the recipe yesterday to use today…and had to check really quick whether it was low or high (because I forgot to write it down) and it’s gone! I hope it comes back soon! : )

6. says

Hi Amanda! The recipe looked amazing and I got all the ingredients yesterday. Can you send to me? No complaints if it doesn’t turn out right, it’s all about trying something new :)
    Thanks!

7. Maria says

Hey, I’m kind of nervous to make this today but I have all the ingredients and wrote down the recipe so I’m going to give it a go. I can let you know how it turns out.

8. Sonia says

Omg, I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious!!! I altered the recipe a little bit and used half the amount of ground beef and substituted the other 1/2 lb with Italian sausage. I also threw in a small can of sliced olives and mushrooms. Once it was done cooking it smelled just like a combination pizza. Definitely going to be making this again!!!

9. Jill says

My husband is a vegetarian. Do you think I could substitute the “veggie crumbles” & “pepperoni” it would work??

10. Cathy says

I made this today and added some Italian seasoning (or basil +oregano), salt and garlic powder to my meat mixture. For me, it only needed about 1.5 hours to cook on low. The taste was good and it was super simple. Next time I will be adding even more seasoning and a bit more salt to bring out the flavors a bit more as it was a tad bland; I might also top the mozzarella cheese with a bit of parmesan when served. Will definitely be making this again. Thank you for the recipe!

11. Edwina says

Hi I came across this recipe from you facebook page, do you think this will work if I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?