Crockpot Jambalaya Recipe
Just like you would get in New Orleans! This tongue tingling Crockpot Jambalaya Recipe is a keeper for a delicious supper any night of the week!
We went road tripping this Summer to Texas to see my sister and drove through Cajun Country. The signs for Jambalaya and Crawfish were everywhere in Louisiana. I decided when we got home I was going to have to recreate those tongue-tingling flavors into a delicious Crockpot Jambalaya.
The spice in this dish kicks it up a notch. Feel free to add more or less cayenne pepper to make this perfect for your family. A great tip is to add a dollop of sour cream to help cut the spice if you add a bit too much. You can never go wrong with sour cream.
Serve this delicious Crockpot Jambalaya over rice and with a piece of crusty bread or Homemade Biscuits for a delicious dinner any night of the week.
Crockpot JambalayaPrint Recipe
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cubed
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage Sliced
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tsp dried parsley
- 2 Tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 Tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 Tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp peeled
- In a 6 qt or larger crockpot, mix the chicken, sausage, tomatoes with juice, onion, green bell pepper, celery, and broth. Season with oregano, parsley, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper, and thyme.
- Cover and cook 7 to 8 hours on Low, or 3 to 4 hours on High.
- 30 minutes before serving stir in the shrimp.
- Serve over rice.
If you love this, you are sure to love….
This Crockpot Gumbo Recipe too!
Sounds yummy! Looks easy to make. I am gonna try this at home!
Spice was just right! I used Italian sausage instead of andouille and served mine over mashed cauliflower sto follow paleo. Very yummy!
This is a great recipe! I added a couple of bay leaves and minced garlic at the beginning and added cauliflower rice when I added the shrimp. Absolutely delicious and this will be a favourite going forward!!