It has been so cold outside the past couple weeks I am trying my hardest to find recipes to warm me up! This Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup is filling and does the trick!
It is so full of wonderful flavor from the vegetables and chicken. The Chicken and the gnocchi make this soup so hearty it warms you all the way to your toes! This is a must try for a cold day!
Crockpot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2-3 medium breast (depending on size)
- ⅔ cup diced onion
- ⅔ cup diced celery
- ⅔ cup diced carrot
- 1-2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 2 - 12 ounce cans evaporated milk
- 2 - 1 lb. packages mini potato gnocchi about 4 cups
- 6 slices bacon cooked & diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- Place the chicken, onion, celery, carrot, basil, Italian seasoning, poultry seasoning, salt, and broth in a 5 quart or larger crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken directly in the crockpot.
- Add the cornstarch mixture, evaporated milk, and gnocchi. Stir and replace lid.
- Sauté the garlic and spinach and stir until wilted in 1 tbsp of olive oil Remove from heat. Add the bacon and spinach to the crockpot. Stir to combine.
- Add any additional liquid as needed and season to taste