This is a family favorite that I used to bake in the oven, but why not use my crockpot!
Stuffed Bell Peppers (Slow Cooked)
Author: Amanda @MomsWithCrockpots.com
Recipe type: Dinner
- 6 Medium Bell Peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1-2 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 clove of garlic (1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 (15 oz) can of tomato sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Cut a thin slice from the stem end of each bell pepper. Remove the seeds, and membranes from
- the inside until it is just the shell.
- In a large skillet cook the beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until the beef is cooked
- through. Drain and return to skillet.
- Add 8 oz of tomato sauce, salt, pepper, and rice to the beef mixture.
- Stuff peppers with beef mixture and stand them in your crockpot
- Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers, and top with cheese. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6-8 hours
- Makes 6 servings