I love simple yet delicious desserts. This one takes the cake. Serve it with some fresh vanilla ice cream and you are set to impress!
- ½ cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 medium Bartlett or D'Anjou pears
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed or margarine
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel ice cream topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, brown sugar, pecans and lemon peel. Using a melon baller or long-handled spoon, core pears to within ¼-in. of bottom. Spoon ginger mixture into the center of each.
- Place pears upright in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top each with butter. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until pears are tender. Serve with ice cream and caramel topping if desired. Yield: 6 servings.