This post may contain affiliate links.
This is an amazing meal to serve if you are going to have guests or for a date night! This Chicken & Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo is sure to impress any crowd!
Chicken and Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 1 ⁄2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 2 packages 8 ounces each cremini mushrooms, cut into thirds
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages 8 ounces each cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish
- 1 1 ⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 package 1 pound fettuccine
Spray inside of 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Arrange chicken in single layer in bottom of your slow cooker.
Top with mushrooms. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and garlic powder over mushrooms.
Stir together cream cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese and milk in medium saucepan over medium heat.
Whisk constantly until smooth and heated through. Pour over mushrooms, pushing down any that float to surface.
Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH 2 to 2 1⁄2 hours.
Serve with cooked noodles
Adjust the recipe- Add some spinach for some added vitamins You can also cut the calories by using low fat cream cheese and 2% instead of whole milk. *Gluten Free* just use gluten free pasta