A slow cooker fall breakfast that you must try! This Crockpot Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole Recipe with a little bit of maple syrup is perfection.
Fall is here. Apples are in season, and the holiday breakfasts are coming! Why not whip up some of this amazingly delicious Crockpot Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole for your next family breakfast?
In your crockpot place 2 cups of diced apples and ½ cup chopped pecans with a dash of cinnamon and stir.
Top the apples with your bread cubes and the egg/milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, place crock back into crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
Serve hot with maple syrup! YUM!
Crockpot Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
- 1 loaf of French Cuban, or Italian Bread Cubed, or about 6 cups of cubed bread
- 2 Cups Diced Apples
- ½ cup diced pecans
- 6 eggs Large
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Place diced apples and pecans in the bottom of a 5 qt + crockpot and toss with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Top with the cubed bread.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate crock overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Place crock back into crockpot and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Serve with maple syrup.
- Use gluten-free bread
- Use a dairy free milk substitute
This apple cinnamon french toast casserole isn't the only flavor.
This Crockpot Pumpkin Swirl French Toast Casserole is just divine!