Bake without heating up the kitchen! Try this simple Crockpot Banana Bread Recipe and see how easy baking in your slow cooker is!
I love freshly baked banana bread, but as the weather gets hotter I hate turning the oven on. Did you know you can bake and never open your oven? The key is your slow cooker! Don't believe me? Try this simple Crockpot Banana Bread Recipe! It turns out even more moist and amazing in the slow cooker!
How to Make Crockpot Banana Bread
You are going to make this very similarly to a regular banana bread. Grease and flour your loaf pan or the inside of your crock. Cream together the butter and sugar with your mixer. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and mashed bananas.
*Pro tip* Don't have brown bananas ready to go, or do you have to many? Did you know you can freeze overripe bananas and use them in recipes like this? Check out this great tip all about freezing bananas on A Few Shortcuts.
Once the wet ingredients are mixed, stir in the dry ingredients to create your batter. Pour into the slow cooker or pan and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Start checking for doneness at 2 hours.
Let it cool and enjoy!
This recipe is easily customizable which is perfect! You can mix in nuts, blueberries, or strawberries, etc. My son loves it when I mix in chocolate chips. What kid wouldn't?
What Size Crockpot
The trick for this recipe is finding a baking pan that will fit down inside your crockpot. Of course, you are going to want to use a larger crockpot for this. I used a 6 Quart Crockpot.
Don't have a large crockpot? It's OK. You can just line a smaller crockpot (4 qt or smaller) with parchment paper and bake it right in the crock itself.
I have made this recipe beautifully with a gluten free flour blend. I have even made banana bread before with only corn flour. It works surprisingly well! SO YUMMY!
Crockpot Banana Bread
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 3 bananas ripe, mashed
- 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour or gluten free ap flour mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped nuts strawberries, or blueberries
- Grease and flour the inside of a 3 qt crockpot or a small loaf pan and place it in a larger crockpot.
- Cream butter and sugar with mixer until fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas. Beat until smooth.
- Sift together flour,baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl. Slowly beat flour mixture into creamed mixture.
- Add nut or fruit and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into slow cooker or pan
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours.
- Let cool then turn bread out on to serving platter.
Originally posted in 2012. Updated April 2020