Crockpot Meat and Bean Burritos
Stretch your budget with this delicious Crockpot Meat and Bean Burritos Recipe. Easy, filling, and budget friendly!
I have been making this recipe for years! I started when I was a young mom on a small budget. Trying to make a lot of food with a few ingredients or cheap ingredients. The beauty of these delicious Crockpot Meat and Bean burritos is that you can use low cost ingredients and still get MAXIMUM flavor.
The meat used can be any beef roast or stew meat. I have used a bone in chuck roast or anything that I have found on sale for this. The truth is they actually turn out the most tender and flavorful in the slow cooker.
How to Make
New photos will be coming soon.
Place Chuck roast in crock pot. Pour Tomato sauce and onions over roast.
Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 10 hours.
Open Crock pot; Meat should fall right off of the bones. Remove bones from crock pot. If you are using a boneless roast or stew meat this isn’t necessary.
Remove half of the meat for another dish. (This depends on the size of roast.)
Mix in a single packet of taco seasoning to remaining meat. Cook on low for 15min. Stir in can of Refried beans. Leave mixture on low until ready to serve.
Double The Filling
This recipe calls for a larger roast because you can either double the filing or reserve half of the meat for another meal. The choice is yours. It is a great way to save time later in the week.
If you would like to use all of the meat to make the burrito filling use 2 packets of taco seasoning and 2 can of Refried beans.
Serve on Tortillas, and top with Cheese, Salsa, lettuce, whatever your heart desires.
This makes a ton of burritos! Very Filling!
Since this does make extra here are some great bonus meal ideas.
- Reserve the other half of the meat and add BBQ Sauce for bbq sandwiches for another night.
- Add additional seasoning and beans for extra burrito filling. Freeze for another night or assemble the burritos, fill, and wrap. Freeze the finished burritos for a grab & heat lunches or dinners.
- Add some gravy to the other half of the meat an serve with mashed potatoes for a delicious dinner option.
Crockpot Meat and Bean BurritosPrint Recipe
- 3 lb Chuck roast or Stew Meat
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 packet Taco seasoning
- 14 oz refried beans
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Place Chuck roast in crock pot. Pour Tomato sauce and onions over roast.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 hours or on low for 10.
- Open Crock pot, Meat should fall right off of the bones. Remove bones from crock pot.
- Remove half of the meat for another dish. *See Note
- Mix in a single packet of taco seasoning to remaining meat. Cook on low for 15min. Stir in can of Refried beans. Leave mixture on low until ready to serve.
- Serve on Tortillas, and top with Cheese, Salsa, lettuce, whatever your heart desires.
- This makes a ton of burritos! Very Filling!
I have noticed that you have no specified what size cans of tomato sauce and refried beans you used and also there is no amount for the onions. Judging from the pic below the recipe I would say and 8 oz can of tomato sauce and 1 cup of onions. As for the beans I would guess the one that is 14-15 ozs? This sure sounds good and I can’t wait to try it.