Looking for some healthier, or even vegetarian Crock Pot options? Check out this delicious recipe! Crock Pot Quinoa with Vegetables . This is very easy to throw together and you will have a great side dish in no time.
Make this Crock Pot Side Dish into a meal by mixing in beans or even grilled chicken to make this a more substantial dish. Either way it is easy and delicious.
- 1½ cups Quinoa
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Green Beans chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro or basil (depending on your taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Rinse Quinoa
- Dump it into the crock pot. (I used 6 quart)
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to coat.
- Stir in broth, veggies, pepper and garlic. Reserve cilantro for before serving.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or on high for 2-4.
- The quinoa is done when you can fluff it with a fork and it is tender. Liquid should be absorbed into quinoa.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve.
- You can mix in garbanzo beans or black beans to add protein to this dish and turn it into a meal