I love being able to put dinner in the Crock Pot and walking away to spend time with my family. Especially during these summer months. This light and amazing Crock Pot Chicken Marsala makes an amazing family supper. So good, you could even make it for a dinner party or date night! The chicken is full of flavor and extremely tender after being in the crock pot for hours. This is a must try!
Serve the chicken over some delicious mashed potatoes. YUM!
Save money by stocking up! Go now and register for Zaycon Foods. Find out when they are coming to your area with high quality chicken, beef, bacon & more. I order from them every time they come around. Not only does it save us a ton, but it is the best, HANDS DOWN! Go now to find out more!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup of Flour (or Gluten Free flour mix)
- 3 Tbsp Olive oIl
- 2 oz prosciutto (or bacon)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup dry marsala wine (or chicken broth)
- ⅓ cup Chicken Broth
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place flour in shallow bowl and season with salt & pepper.
- Coat the chicken evenly with the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken on both sides. Working in batches so you don't over crowd the pan.Transfer to crock pot once browned.
- In the same skillet place another 1 tbsp of olive oil and the prosciutto until it becomes crisp. Remove prosciutto onto paper towels.
- Add mushrooms to skillet and cook until they begin to brown. Once brown stir in wine and broth, scraping up the browned bits of prosciutto stuck to the pan.
- Pour the mushroom and wine sauce over the chicken in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours
- Top with the cooked crumbled prosciutto and chopped parsley.
- Use a gluten free flour and gluten free chicken broth