A low carb friendly hearty soup! This Crockpot Cauliflower Cheese Soup is so easy to throw together and delicious topped with bacon.
Healthy Crockpot recipes aren't the easiest to find sometimes. Especially ones that are delicious and make you want to cook them time and time again. This Crockpot Cauliflower Cheese Soup was a hit with everyone that tried it. To be honest, I would have never known that the base of this soup contained as many vegetables as it does. That makes it a perfect way to sneak veggies into anyones diet.
Don't let the vegetables fool you. This soup is rich, hearty, and filling. A tasty way to warm up on a cold day.
You need a crockpot large enough for all of the veggies and broth. My recommendation a 5 Quart Slow Cooker or larger for this recipe for that reason. I know a lot of people have a favorite crockpot or brand that they use.
I personally love a programmable crockpot like this Hamilton beach because I don't have to remember to turn it off. Really as long as you are happy with your crockpot and everything fits, you should be good to go with this recipe.
This Cauliflower Cheese Soup is keto, low carb friendly which makes it perfect for so many people to enjoy! It is a great meal if you are trying to watch what you eat, but not sure what to make for dinner.
Storing & Reheating
This recipe makes a lot of soup, and that is a good thing because it is so yummy. Just store this soup in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat on the stovetop in a sauce pan or in your microwave for best results.
Crockpot Cauliflower Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 head cauliflower roughly chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup half and half
- 4 slices bacon cooked, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives chopped
- Place cauliflower, onion, celery and garlic into a 5 or 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in chicken broth, thyme, bay leaf and 2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours, or until vegetables are tender. Open crockpot and remove bay leaf.
- Puree mixture carefully with an immersion blender or transfer to regular blender and puree until smooth. Return back to crockpot if necessary.
- Stir in cheese and half and half.
- Serve immediately, garnished with additional cheese, bacon and chives, if desired.