I love pasta, but I am always looking for ways to change it up! Here is a great Chicken Cacciatore recipe for the crockpot that everyone loves! I think I love it because you can really dress this dish up for company and no one would know it came out of the crockpot!
- 3 pounds chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup flour or gf alternative
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14½-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Hot cooked linguini
- Grated cheese, Pecorino Romano or Parmesan
- Add chicken to slow cooker, and then top chicken with remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or on High 4 to 5 hours.
- Garnish with fresh torn basil, and serve over linguini and pass the cheese.