I make this recipe every year for Christmas. Atleast this recipe in the oven…for one reason or another I never thought of popping this deliciousness into the crockpot…until this morning! Oh Sweet Morning!
- 1 loaf of bread sliced or diced Recipe for Homemade French Bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk (Dairy Free Alternative can be used)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter (or Dairy Free Margarine) Softened
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Dash of nutmeg
- Whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon and pour over diced bread in a large bowl. Cover an let it soak overnight in the fridge or atleast 4 hours.
- When ready to bake spray the inside of the crockpot (4-6 quart sized works best) to avoid sticking.
- Pour in Bread Mix.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, brown sugar cinnamon, pecans and nutmeg.
- Crumble of the top of the bread mix. Cover and Cook on low for 4 hours...or if you are in a hurry High for 2 hours.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes and serve!