Great for a quick and easy breakfast and perfect for the holidays! This Crockpot French Toast Casserole Recipe is delicious to wake up to!
I make this recipe every year for Christmas. At least this recipe in the oven…for one reason or another I never thought of popping this deliciousness into the crockpot…until this morning! Oh, Sweet Morning! You have to try this Crockpot French Toast Casserole Recipe!
Crockpot French Toast Casserole
This French Toast Casserole will become a holiday breakfast favorite....any anytime favorite!
- 1 loaf of bread sliced or diced Recipe for Homemade French Bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk (Dairy Free Alternative can be used)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter (or Dairy Free Margarine) Softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Dash of nutmeg
- Whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon and pour over diced bread in a large bowl. Cover an let it soak overnight in the fridge or atleast 4 hours.
- When ready to bake spray the inside of the crockpot (4-6 quart sized works best) to avoid sticking.
- Pour in Bread Mix.
- In a small bowl mix together butter, brown sugar cinnamon, pecans and nutmeg.
- Crumble of the top of the bread mix. Cover and Cook on low for 4 hours...or if you are in a hurry High for 2 hours.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes and serve!
GLUTEN FREE- You can use a gluten free bread DAIRY FREE- Use Almond Milk or other milk alternative and a Dairy Free Margarine for the topping.